Saturday, February 26, 2011

TITLE:
" WRATH of MOTHER NATURE"
the wrath of mother nature
Painting Explanation:
This artwork reminds me of the disaster of typhoon Reming in Bicol Region,Philippines where we recently live.
While disconnected from the power source because of destroyed light and transformer posts.
At the middle of the night there's something bothering me, our house got sunk, my family are shock by that disastrous typhoon and living us homeless our house are totally washout. My other painting are destroyed giving me the feeling of self pity and other feelings that play in my mind that makes me not to sleep. I was so sad for what happened to my beloved town and it's people where Reming leave a series of scars and tears.
I woke up and went to my studio I light a candle I saw canvass and get my brush I relax my self and gave a deep breath then I prefer to close my eyes because eventhough there's a candle to light me but my feelings are dark full of sorrow for that time. I let my hands dance for rythm of the flow of water and the rattle of the rain and shallow of the wind to control my nerves as I move my brush. after that I feel that my sorrows went to my painting. That's why I entitled this painting the Wrath of Reming. Reminding all that knows the story of our place to mesmerize the memory of the people whos laid dead after the typhoon and for the tears that flow in each heart.
Many says that this painting is cute and full of thoughts,makes a smile and attractive, but for the person that will know the story of the painting I can say that It will make this person sad and complex for what other say. It can give the questions, the darkness of days, the blood that spills, the water that flows and the lives that have been taken.it restores the soul of dead, but it can never give back the flesh that have rotten and the dreams that have forgotten. Hope that this story will best represent this painting for all the people of the world and make them understand the secret hiding in this painting.

Materials used:
*ACRYLIC in CANVASS
 

Size:
* 50 cm x 60 cm / 20"x24" inches w/o frame
Price:
* Contact the Artist
Dated:
*12/ 1/ 2006

1 comment:

  1. i like your abstract, wonderful, and the explanation.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts